Tuesday, July 17, 2007

How dare I keep you waiting!







Looking back, I can't believe it's been over a week since my last blog! I am very sorry for the lack of attention- Since getting back from St. Louis, it's been crazy--
St. Louis was fun- a larger city, but easy to get around in. I could see myself living there, but probably not my first choice. It's dirtier than I imagined and the city itself has had issues w/ growth/prosperity. A great place to visit though! We stayed downtown- a block from the Arch and two blocks from Busch Stadium where the Cardinals played both Friday and Saturday night- the coolest part though- phenominal fireworks after each game right below the arch!!! Chris and I were wandering around downtown the first night and missed most of them, but we had front row seats on the second night. Saturday we went to the St. Louis Museum of Art where a brand new exhibit featuring Nepoleon's luxuries were featured, then found a decent sushi restaurant where we ate while listening to forgotten 90's hits.
(BTW- I do have pictures- I took them solely to post them- but of course, I can't find the cords to download them!!! Did I mention I'm not a picture person...) UPDATE!! HERE THEY ARE!!!! :-)


Sunday we went to Belleville, IL- this is the area where another nurse anesthetist lives that works at the same hospital Chris is entertaining a position. The suburb is nice- has a cute little "Main Street" area with mom and pop shops and law offices. On our way out we decided to be completely spontanous and stop at a real estate office! This one is my favorite so far- but there are many more, I'm sure! I just love the older houses--

Ok, I have to talk about this- Sunday I saw an old friend of mine at the grocery store and I did not say hi. Now, I should back up... this girl was my BEST friend through most of college and infact we became roomates afterward. We did mostly everything together and although we were BFF's she dropped off the radar after we moved apart after a couple of years. Every once in awhile I would call her and we'd do something, or just chat, but it was always after I called- not her. After I got married, it got worse- I'd call and she'd not call back- email with no response. It was rediculus. Buy the time she got married, it was like she invited me to be a part of it out of obligation since she was my maid of honor. When I'd ask her why she didn't return a call, she'd say her husband deletes her messages without telling her. Anyways- I'm not sure if I did anything to piss her off or if this was just her way since it was me who opted to move out when we were roomates. I don't know, but it was weird seeing her again (it's been almost a year since we last talked). I debated whether to say hi, but decided it would just end up like it always did-- I'd put in the effort and eventually we'd lose connection again. Oh well-- I just had to tell someone.

No comments: