Monday, July 2, 2007

Taking it with you

It's Monday after another fantastic weekend in the Big 'O'-- Friday was a golf outing with our Omaha Chamber of Commerce- Business on the Green. Trust me, I am no where near a pro golfer, probably not even rated as "good"- but I had fun. Then after the game (which started at 7am!) I loaded a golf cart with bottled waters, ice and 500 free passes to the CoCo Key Water Resort- still set to open Oct. 1 for those keeping track- and set off to promote! It was so much fun driving around, talking, laughing, drinking and smoking a cigar. Yep- I smoked a cigar which really caught some off guard. I don't do it a lot, and trust me- I still felt in my lungs this morning as I tried not to die in the gym. Every once in awhile I will partake.
Saturday was not so much fun, as I spent 8 hours in driving school. I got a well- deserved speeding ticket about 2 weeks ago (he clocked me at 80 in a 60- but knocked it down to 79 so that I could take this class...) The class itself could have been worse, but it was still pretty bad. I'll tell you, if this doesn't make you want to wear your safety belt, nothing will!
Saturday night was a blast with my friend, Megan- she came over with her bushels of corn and yummy salad veggies from the farmer's market. The night ended after 3 bottles of wine, a heartfelt talk about juvenile body image issues and a firm determination of which of my shoes were 'Marketing Shoes' vs. 'Accounting Shoes'. In any case, I drank way too much, again- but had a wonderful time doing it!
Sunday was filled with all the stuff we should have done Saturday but got the exciting news that someone actually want to live in my house!! We got a call that one of the couples that came through our open house wanted to put in an offer- too bad it was a sucky one- but we'll play ball. If it all works out though, we'll have to be OUT in TWO WEEKS!!! Crazy- but possible.

Chris and I talked more about where we'd both like to go once he is done- someday I'll put together the list of all the places we've thought seriously about-- it's a new one about every month. In reflecting about these past couple great weekends, I hope I can take a lot of them with me. I know I can't take the people, although I truly with I could, and I know I can't take the places, as great as they were- but I'll take with me the moments, the laughs and the experiences. I can only pray I have half as good of a time where ever I live, than I do in Omaha.

PS. For those staying tuned- I took and failed another pregnancy test- but still no sign of my 'friend'. This whole 'God's will' thing is kinda scary!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

My accounting shoes are off for the holiday! Great to see you Saturday. Hoping to enjoy some fireworks tomorrow. :)