Thursday, June 7, 2007

Undercover Super Christian

Yesterday I became "trained" to help people if they choose to take Jesus as their Lord and Savior in their life. Seems like something you'd need another degree for, but no, just about an hour long session and you're all set! Louis Palau is coming to Omaha this summer and Chris and I volunteered to be counselors to those who answer the call to Christianity. I wasn't nervous going in (I'm a WOO, remember? {Winning Other's Over}-- it's supposed to be my #1 strength) but as I was thinking about it more and more, I got more insecure about my talents as a persuasive speaker. I have to remember that God is taking my words and do wonders with them in the hearts and minds of those I'm speaking to.
One of the pastors talked about bringing friends and family to the festival and that we don't have to wear our free visors around them (did someone say FREE visors??? Back off people, you have to be TRAINED!) - that we could take them off and go off being a "super christian" while undercover so that not to make our friends or family uncomfortable. Makes sense- I have a friend that may go to the festival that I think needs an intervention from Jesus himself- but it would be wonderful to be a part of leading someone to God.
Today, we all learned how 'People Notice' our behaviors and actions around the hotel and customer service means going the extra mile, etc. Frankly, after sitting for four hours going over this stuff, I wanted to put a bullet in my brain, but then again, it made the day go by pretty fast and can I tell you I LOVE texting-- nothing like complaining about the situation with the person across the room...
You know I noticed today that I hang out some of the most professed "intuitive" people that I've known, so it's interesting to hear what comes out of their mouth about me- especially re: the work place, but I'm finding that it's drives me crazy-- I get so wrapped up- almost paranoid- about how people take me, that I'm stuck between how I feel I should react to something and how I feel I should react to something. Either way, at the end of the day, I feel defeated. Why on earth do I care? Then again, I've always cared. How I've lived this long and done so well with caring this much about how people think of me is a mystery to me. I'm a professional, damn it and I do have self- esteem!!!!!! (ie. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it, people like me!) And if you don't, well then you suck! :)

No comments: