Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend in Omaha

This weekend was fantastic- a great relief! Friday, Chris and I had sushi at our favorite restaurant, Hiro with our favorite sushi friends- Fred and Shantae, then we joined my friend Anna for her roof- top B-Day party atop the Ford Building Condos and laughed it up until 2am with a few folks from the press world. It was comforting to know that although I am an "old married woman", I can still hang :) Saturday was a back yard cook out in our neighboring city of Council Bluffs, IA and Sunday was full of worship, errands and cleaning like mad for our first open house- capped off by a great game via the College World Series!

The open house was OK enough- only 2 couples came through- just have to keep the hope alive- right? Good news: my house is immaculate- at least for now...

Nothing more to report today- Please pray for my friend Terry at work-- he's in such pain lately with a pinched sciatic nerve and for every day it gets better, the next week it's that much worse. Also, pray for Chris, my husband- I think the stress of the exams are luming over him and I'm sure I'm not helping as I pull him away from studying to join me in all these social outings... I just ask for the wisdom to leave him alone when he needs to focus!

No comments: